Mary Meeker delivered her annual Internet Trend Report. Her 333-page slideshow is an overview of basically every important trend from last year and an outlook for the next year.
Some interesting facts:
- 51% (=3.8 billion) of the world’s population are Internet users
- 2.4 billion are interactive gamers
- Smartphones are the primary internet access point
- Users spent more time on their mobile than watching TV (US numbers)
- Podcasts remain popular (doubling the audience from 2016 to 2018)
- Content creation on mobile devices becomes more important